Thursday, June 9, 2016

800k sp toy, The Rifter

     Moving away from the tutorials now that I've unlocked some tech 2 weapons I thought I'd put together a few ships for exploration and roaming about. Both ships have a probe launcher and analyzer fit as well as being combat capable. This facilitates a free lifestyle where you can roam about scanning down and completing most sites you find, at least in hi-sec.

     First up is the frigate, this one showcases a permanently running armor tank that repairs 120 hit points every cycle. This makes use of a small capacitor battery to greatly increase the base capacitor of your ship. While I don't often advocate fitting for cap stability since on larger ships it often consumes many fitting slots, getting it for a single slot is almost too good to pass up. If you're interested in more handy tricks always bring 16 probes instead of just 8, this way your launcher will reload itself automatically every time you launch probes.

     What follows is the fit as an example, if you're not to familiar with the capacitor click Here to see a basic guide. This all fits and is online with my current 800,000 skill points. While there will be a post covering what skills I choose to train once I hit 1 million, I can say at this moment I have not trained any extra fitting skills or capacitor skills. While nice things to have as you move up in ship classes you can work around limited fitting space as a new pilot by making the right choices in fitting.

[Rifter]
Small Armor Repairer II
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

Data Analyzer I
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

Core Probe Launcher I
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Hail S x1640
Phased Plasma S x3000
Core Scanner Probe I x8
Barrage S x9550
Fusion S x741






   
     The, data analyzer is offline in this picture to showcase the cap stability. You won't be using that while fighting, and it only uses 20 or the remaining 44+ cpu so I assure it's all online and operational while in space. As a reminder about rigs, you can fit them without the skills but you will suffer from the full penalty. Thanks to auto cannons low fitting this inst a problem for me despite power grid heavy modules like a 200mm armor plate and the capacitor battery.

     While I'll cover weapons in greater detail with a future post, I highly favor projectiles for new players. Easy fitting and no cap consumption both take a load off your needs as a new pilot letting you focus your training in other areas. As for the ship's performance in combat, it has no issue with cosmic anomalies up to refuges. I've yet to get a chance to test it in a den, however it handled several combat cosmic signatures as well.

     Expect future posts to cover the tactics used to complete these sites as well as what you can find in them.. Maneuver is a vital part of combat in eve online,  I've got an afterburner fit to this little beast and it sees near constant use. Use keep at range to apply the most damage against small targets, and orbit to evade fire from larger ships. If you're starting to get overwhelmed double click in space to manually fly your ship in that direction, or warp off. It's okay to run away, live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment